Have you been involved in an unfortunate personal injury accident? Do you currently feel confused and carry a feeling of uncertainty because of the physical, emotional, and financial ramifications that arrive with it? We believe you are and that’s why you are here. We are aware of the difficulty that you may be dealing with. After all, personal injury accidents not only leave you with physical pain but also inflict legal obligations that must be taken care of. However, the main issue at hand after suffering one is understanding the legal standards of such accidents.
Whether you suffered a slip and fall, car accident injuries, medical malpractice, or injuries from defective products the truth is that you deserve compensation for those damages. During these accidents, there is also a good chance that acts of negligence from another party precipitated the effects of the accident. If so, those at fault for your injuries must be held accountable. You see, one of the biggest problems with these scenarios is that people aren’t fully aware of their rights.
Oftentimes, victims prefer to not initiate legal claims because they are misinformed and believe they’ll get financially harmed in the process. This is a very false misconception to go by from. The fact is that many people who cause these accidents end up luring the victims to believe that it is better to not get lawyers or the police involved because it’ll make matters worse. The party at fault then convinces the victim to receive a small monetary sum for any superficial damages depending on the type of injury and damage to property.
As a result, people’s injuries ultimately become worse as time progresses. When this happens they have already lost valuable time to either get the necessary medical help or ran out of time to properly file a claim. However, this doesn’t have to be you! Quite the contrary, you can start to efficiently prepare yourself for all of the legal mandates that arise with a personal injury accident. Be aware that you deserve compensation for your injuries and that as a victim you are entitled to receive every single penny for your pain and suffering.
However, we’ll be frank. You cannot do this on your own, you will need the help of a legal expert to attain a successful claim. By hiring the assistance of a Dania Beach accident lawyer you will definitely benefit from the expertise of a competent attorney. These are trained professionals that will guide you throughout your legal venture so that your rights can be protected while you face off the insurance companies, any attempts to undermine your claim, and other obstacles. They will represent you and ensure that you receive a settlement that exemplifies your injuries.
So, we would like to ask that you join us during this informational account because we shall go more in-depth on what you should do at the accident scene depending on its cause, how to file a claim and how an injury lawyer in Florida can help you. Let’s get down to business!
What Should I Do At The Accident Scene in Florida?
The aftermath of any personal injury can definitely be traumatic and very difficult to deal with. However, there are certain steps that can mitigate the effects of your injuries while also preparing you to have a more successful accident claim in the immediate future. Let’s go ahead and review them down below.
If you have been involved in any type of motor vehicle accident whether you were a driver or pedestrian you will need to follow these steps:
- Call medical attention at the scene or at least see a doctor in a maximum time frame of 14 days from the first day of your accident.
- Request the contact information of the individual or party that you believe is at fault. This includes name, date of birth, license identification & number, and the name of their insurance carrier.
- Take pictures of your own damages or injuries whether they be both physical or to your property.
- Call the police immediately so that they can file and provide you with an accident report of the situation. This is vital because these things need to be written and in public databases. This will be proof of the events later down the road. If the other party pleads to not involve the cops you must not accept their proposals.
- Gather any eyewitness accounts. Ask if you can record their voices or have them write their account down.
- Contact a lawyer.
Defective product injuries are a bit more complicated to deal with. These are accidents that create a breach of trust between the consumer and the manufacturer of the product. Why? This is due to the message that the manufacturer extolls in the market. This means that the product is supposed to provide a service and meet a function in its purpose. The issue is when that function fails to meet its standards and in that precise moment of failure, it physically harms the consumer.
So, what are you supposed to do at the accident scene? First off, you will have to take pictures of your injuries. If possible and from a safe distance, take pictures and video recordings of the moment of product failure to have a better chance of proof.
Following this, you must contact the manufacturer and explain what went wrong. If your injuries are quite serious you will have to urgently seek medical attention as soon as possible. In this case, you will want to request your medical records of admittance because it will assist you as proof when you begin to file your claim.
When you are in conversations with the manufacturer you must inform them of your injuries, how the product caused them, and inform them that you have proof of the defective product. From that point on you will want to get in contact with a lawyer if you wish to proceed with an injury claim so that you can get compensated as soon as possible.
A Dania Beach Accident Attorney Can Help You File A Claim
An injury attorney can help you in the following ways:
- Assesses your damages and will add value to them. This is a very aspect of the claim process because the higher your damages the worth the more substantial your settlement will be.
- In the first consultation, your injury lawyer will create a planned course of action that is set to deliver you the desired compensation. He will advise you on what to do in terms of requesting new information and what not to do when you speak with insurance companies or representatives of the party at fault.
- Your Dania beach accident lawyer will help you to gather and fill out all of the pertinent paperwork needed to initiate a claim in a timely manner. There are times when people miss the deadlines to either submit or request these documents. An experienced attorney will not allow that to happen.
- The injury lawyer will then begin to negotiate with the insurance companies, representatives, or the party at fault so that you can receive a beneficial settlement. If this does not occur because they choose to not cooperate you will have the choice to file an official lawsuit of your case.
- If this occurs, your injury attorney will expertly and effectively represent you in a court of law. The main advantage of this scenario is that these lawyers have a vast amount of experience in representing these cases. They already know how to exemplify your pain, suffering, evidence, and other components that will be sure to deliver the justice you deserve.
Get Represented In Florida As Soon As Possible!
The following information has been brought to you by the Law Offices of Scott Jay Senft. This is a community-driven mid-sized law firm that strives to provide justice to those who need it. The main takeaway from this article is knowing that the only way to attain the compensation you desire is to be effectively guided by a legal expert.
Having said that, Scott and his team are ready to provide that service for you. With years of experience in personal injury claims and exemplary track records in providing substantial compensation for their clients; Scott is ready to once again deliver you, a new client, the legal help you so desperately need. Contact us now!