Have you recently been the victim of a personal injury accident? We know you have, and that is why you are here. These are incidents that can drastically affect our lives and inflict a mass amount of grief and distress. The consequences of a personal injury accident not only bring emotional, physical, and financial issues, but they will also make us deal with complex legal obstacles.
Personal injury accidents reflect the idea that the majority of these accidents are usually caused by an individual or a group of people that act on gross negligence and inflict injuries on another person. Having that in mind, we are here to tell you that those at fault are undoubtedly accountable for your damages. Due to those injuries, you have every single right to an owed set of compensation.
Whether you have suffered personal injury accidents such as slip and falls or injuries for defective products this article is meant especially for you. We urge you to join us throughout this detailed account so that you can gain the necessary insight regarding the legalities of these accidents. Furthermore, we will also instruct you on why it is that a Fort Lauderdale accident attorney is the only one capable of helping you deal with these issues and receive a rightful compensation.
Types of Accidents
Slip & Falls
Slip and fall accidents are perhaps one of the most common personal injury accidents. However, just because they are common does not mean that those at fault should be exempt from holding accountability. Quite the contrary, slip and falls usually occur in places of business and public establishments, which thus highlight the carelessness of those in charge of ensuring the safety of those in attendance.
The following places are where slip and falls tend to occur:
- Office spaces,
- Private residences.
Slip & falls are thus categorized to be accidents that portray a victim suffering a fall due to a hazardous condition within one of the above-mentioned establishments. These dangers are usually wet surfaces, broken floors, poor roofing, and poorly lit areas. These are thus contributing factors that can lead to mild, severe, and life long injuries that can even result in death.
The truth is that your injuries could have been prevented by the owner or manager of the establishment but it has to be proved that that was your case. In personal injury law, your damages alone will not unfortunately be enough to pursue compensation. Instead, it will have to be proven that the dangerous condition had been present for a certain amount of time, but also that the owner failed to fix it. Even worse, there are instances where the accountable party knew that there was a hazard in place but still chose not to do anything about it.
Qualifications of Compensation
Let’s go ahead and review the types of damages that will add to your compensation. The following include:
- Pain and suffering from emotional and physical trauma.
- Medical bills for immediate and long term treatment.
- Out of pocket costs in recovery costs.
- Loss of income or wages due to inability to work.
- Assistance for the family if injuries result in death.
As mentioned before, a competent attorney will facilitate and maximize your chances of attaining a just compensation for your accident. Let’s go and review what they will provide for you:
- You can rest assured that your attorney has the necessary experience in handling a case just like yours. They know how to navigate around the tricks and foul play of the insurance companies that at all costs will try to invalidate your claim.
- Your attorney will increase the amount of your compensation by assessing the value of your own specific damages. Having a legal representative on your side will also block any possible underestimations by the property owner. Be advised that if you are not legally represented, those underestimations will hurt your chances of getting justice.
- Your attorney will gather the facts of the events that led or triggered your accident. By doing so, they will conduct a very detailed investigation of every component regarding the slip and fall. This includes:
- Compile evidence of the damages.
- Gather eyewitnesses of the events.
- Question employees or property owners of the establishment or private home.
- Record the consequences of your injuries.
- No fees until you win your case. That is perhaps one of the most important advantages of seeking legal assistance because it will allow you to concentrate on recuperating from your injuries. It will save you time and stress knowing that throughout the legal process you will not have to pay a dime if and only if you end up winning your case.
Defective Product Liability
Defective product injuries are more common than you may know because of the mass amount of product purchases that occur in Florida let alone the United States. Unfortunately, customers are usually taken by surprise when their product ends failing to deliver the desired function.
The issue, however, is when that failure to adequately perform results in any type of physical injury to the consumer. That, my friends, is called a defective product injury. As soon as the individual sustains damages, someone is to blame for that defect. The manufacturer of that specific product thus becomes liable for its inadequacies.
Qualifications for Compensation
Just like any other personal injury accident, your pain and suffering will deserve a rightfully owed compensation. Let’s go ahead and review what specific damages will build up your compensation:
- Pain and suffering,
- Inability to perform even the simplest of tasks due to injury,
- Medical costs when enduring treatment and recovery,
- Emotional trauma.
We shall now review what benefits a competent accident lawyer can provide for you in this specific case:
- They will protect your rights by ensuring that your injuries are exemplified exactly how they are. This means that there was a notable case of negligence on behalf of the manufacturer, and your attorney will make sure that they are held accountable.
- Your attorney will go to the lengths of claiming punitive damages to make sure that the negligence perpetrated by the manufacturer does not happen again. More specifically, not only will you receive the compensation that you deserve, but the manufacturer will be barred from making that same product ever again if need be.
- Like other personal injury cases, your attorney will not charge any fees until the moment that you actually win your case or lawsuit. This is because they understand the emotional and physical ordeals that you will be dealing with while you try to recover. This will save you money and provide you with peace of mind.
- Your attorney will guide you throughout your legal battle to ensure that company’s representatives do not cheat you out of the money you deserve. Oftentimes, victims are not fully aware of the implications of defective product cases since these are less common than other accidents. However, your lawyer has vast experience in dealing with cases just like your own. They will make sure that you get what you are entitled to.
We hope that this informative article has given you more clarity in terms of these two types of personal injury accidents. It is crucial to understand that by hiring an attorney, your rights will be protected. That is why we are delighted to inform you that the Offices of Scott J. Senft The Lawyer is ready to take your own specific case.
With ample experience in our community and an exceptional proven track record, Scott is by far the best Fort Lauderdale accident attorney in town. His team wishes to provide you with the most effective legal solutions amidst a very stressful time. Let our firm take care of you, call us now!