Personal injury accidents can deteriorate your well-being. How exactly? Well, injuries can range from mild concussions to severe body trauma. In addition, serious accidents may lead to severe brain injuries, loss of limbs, and even death. Try to picture yourself trying to perform your daily duties while dealing with aggravating bodily pain. It sounds like a complete nightmare, right?
Unfortunately, personal injury accidents do cause financial burdens as well. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be forced to miss workdays. Furthermore, you will also have to take money out of your own pocket to pay for your medical bills. Even more so, everybody knows that medical attention is not cheap. So, if you do not have enough funds or a proper insurer, paying off these bills can become quite difficult.
So, before we move forward, we’d like to say that we empathize with you during these difficult times. You may be trying to figure out how to deal with all of your accident’s ramifications. Nevertheless, we are here to help you. As a victim, you are in your right to seek monetary compensation for all of your damages mainly because these accidents are often caused by someone else’s negligence.
Most personal injury accidents are provoked by people who breach their duty of care towards others. So, if individuals fail to act in a responsible manner while performing a specific activity and thus harm others, they will be held responsible for the victim’s injuries if their negligent acts are proven.
If you are considering pursuing compensation by yourself, we suggest that you refrain from doing so. In the vast majority of cases, the at-fault party will often refuse to compensate you or deny their fault. Additionally, you will have to deal with their insurers, who are all notorious for intending to lure victims into accepting unfair amounts of compensation.
In personal injury cases, it is mandatory to prove that the other party was responsible for the accident. You must also file a claim that details what exactly happened in the incident. These are the reasons why seeking compensation on your own can become extremely challenging.
Don’t panic though! There is someone who can help you obtain compensation and allow you to focus on recovering from your injuries. A Dania Beach accident attorney is a legal expert who can guide you throughout this entire process. Keep reading our article so that you can learn about the benefits of hiring these accident lawyers, common injury accidents, and specifics on personal injury claims in Florida.
The Most Common Personal Injury Accidents Seen in Dania Beach
- Automobile accidents may be the most recurrent and tragic incidents in the whole world. Car accidents can cause severe head trauma, bone fractures, and even death.
According to the World Health Organization, the most common causes of car crashes are speeding, driving under the influence, and distracted driving. For instance, they state that every 1% increase in speed produces a 4% increase in the fatal crash risk.In order to prevent a fatal automobile accident, the State of Florida has imposed a set of speed limits. Some examples of these rules are 70 mphs on interstate highways, 65 mph on a four-lane divided highway in rural areas, and 60 mph on other state highways.
- Slips and falls are labeled as incidents where pedestrians trip and fall on someone else’s premises due to a dangerous condition. Establishment owners must make sure their properties are free of any potential hazards that may cause a fall. Some examples of these dangerous conditions are slick floors, uneven tiles, snow, debris, and cracked sidewalks.To obtain compensation, slip and fall accident victims must prove at least one of the following requirements:
- The establishment owner knew about the dangerous condition but did not eliminate it.
- The establishment owner enabled the hazard.
- The hazard has existed for such a length of time and therefore the establishment owner had ample time to get rid of it.
- Dog bites can be extremely dangerous since they can lead to severe infections. In Florida, dog owners will be held liable for the victim’s injuries regardless of the pet’s former viciousness or their prior lack of knowledge of such aggressiveness.
Under Florida statutes, a dog owner can be held at-fault for injuries if it is proven that the dog bite occurred in both public space or private property. However, for liability to take place in private property, it must be proven that the victim was not trespassing inside the property at the time of the attack.
- An incidence of medical malpractice is defined as any act or omission by a physician during treatment of a patient that deviates from accepted rules of practice in the medical community and injures the victim.Florida statutes authorize different caps on damages in medical malpractice lawsuits. In addition, they authorize a $500,000 cap for noneconomic damages. However, Florida can grant a $1,000,000 cap for noneconomic damages if the victim died or resulted in a vegetative state.
Personal Injury Laws in Florida
- Florida’s No-Fault Car Insurance System: The no-fault car insurance system states that if you were involved in an automobile accident, you must file your claim under your policy. In addition, your insurer pays the financial bills and other financial losses of anyone involved in the crash regardless of who caused the accident.
- Statute of Limitations: This is the time limit that individuals have to file their claims. In the State of Florida, personal injury accident victims must file their lawsuit within four years from the date of the incident. If they fail to file it within that time frame, the court may certainly rule their case as invalid.
- Comparative Negligence Rule: This mandate establishes the contribution of each party to the accident. Florida follows a “pure comparative negligence system”. This means that victims can recover damages even if they were partially responsible for the accident. However, their compensation will be reduced according to their percentage of fault. For instance, if you were 10% liable, a $100,000 award will be $90,000.
Stages of Filing a Personal Injury Claim
- Filing the Complaint: This is a document where victims fill out and detail how the accident was caused, point out the parties involved, and mention the injuries that they suffered from the accident.
- Discovery: During the discovery stage accident victims must prove that it was gross negligence that caused the accident. Things like medical reports and eyewitness testimonies can definitely corroborate their allegations.On the other hand, the accused party could try to dispute the ongoing claims. In order to do so, the accused can request a document that “states” their negation of the proof available against them.
- Settling The Case: Personal injury accident cases are often settled without a trial. During this stage, victims and their injury attorneys negotiate with the other party. However, as we mentioned before, insurers may intend to undermine victims’ claims and that is why it is important to be well presented.
- The Trial: If reaching a settlement with the other party and their insurers has been impossible, your injury lawyer can force a trial to make sure that you receive compensation.
This Is Why You Need to Hire a Dania Beach Accident Attorney
- Accident lawyers are experts in state laws. This means that they will make sure your injury claim complies with every mandate imposed by the State of Florida.
- The majority of personal injury attorneys work on contingency fees. These fees are a percentage of the victim’s recovered damages. If your case is not settled, their services will not cost you a single penny.
- As we mentioned before, proving fault is vital in personal injury cases. That is why accident lawyers work alongside private investigators who can seek the necessary evidence for your claim.
- Injury attorneys can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. These firms usually take advantage of victims’ lack of knowledge regarding the scope of their rights as well as the settlement they should receive. Nonetheless, these personal injury lawyers will ensure that you receive fair compensation for all of your damages.
- As we mentioned before, personal injury accidents lead to severe financial damages. In the majority of these cases, injury accident lawyers can offer you a free consultation. In this session, you can ask the injury attorney any questions that you have in mind. Furthermore, they can give you their point of view of the case and provide you with helpful tips regarding your claim.
We Are The Law Offices of Scott J. Senft
This article was brought to you by the law offices of Scott J. Senft. At our law firm, you will find the best Dania Beach accident attorney available. For over 25 years, Scott and his team have recovered millions of dollars for their clients. If you want to arrange a free consultation or hire one of our injury lawyers, call us right now at 954-927-3326!