If you have been injured in an accident, you must contact a South Florida personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Personal injury accidents can leave victims with serious injuries requiring extensive medical treatment. This can be difficult, and you may not know where to turn next.
You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, and a personal injury attorney can help you receive the money you deserve. Please continue reading as we discuss the benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer if you are involved in an accident. We will also cover what you’ll need to do after the accident and the actions your personal injury lawyer’s actions on these matters.
What Are The Benefits Of Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney?
Here are reasons why having an attorney on your side is the best decision you can make:
- They are Knowledgeable About the Law: An attorney specializing in personal injury will be familiar with your case’s laws. They can advise you on what to do and what not to do and help you navigate the legal process.
- They Will Fight For You: A personal injury lawyer, South Florida will be your advocate and will fight for you to get the best possible outcome. If you are dealing with an insurance company, they will work to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible. They will do everything they can to bring you the money you need to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
- You Don’t Have to Deal with the Paperwork: One of the most difficult aspects of a personal injury case can be the paperwork. A lot of paperwork is involved, and it can be very confusing. A South Florida personal injury attorney will handle all of the paperwork for you so that you can focus on your recovery.
- They Have Experience: Personal injury attorneys have handled similar cases to yours and know what to expect in the most challenging moments. Their expertise can be invaluable in fighting for the compensation you deserve.
- They Will Provide You With Peace of Mind: You may feel overwhelmed and stressed after an accident. Hiring an injury attorney will allow you to focus on your recovery while handling your case’s legal aspects. Enjoying this benefit can be a huge relief during a difficult time.
What Should You Do Following A Personal Injury In Florida?
- Seek Medical Attention: This should be your priority after an accident. You may not feel like you are injured at first, but seeing a doctor as soon as possible is essential. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not show symptoms until days or weeks after the accident.
- Do Not Give a Statement to the Other Driver’s Insurance Company: The insurance company may try to get you to provide them with a recorded statement. They may use this statement against you later, so it is essential that an experienced attorney guide you throughout this process.
The insurance company may also try to get you to sign a release, waiving your right to sue. Do not sign any paperwork without talking to an attorney first.
- Document the Accident Scene: Take pictures of the scene if you can. This can be helpful evidence later. Be sure to take photos of the damage to both vehicles and any skid marks or debris on the road. It is also a good idea to take pictures of the surrounding area, such as street signs or landmarks.
If you cannot take pictures, be sure to write down everything you remember about the accident. This includes the time, date, and location. Also, jot down a description of what happened and the damage to both vehicles.
- Do Not Admit Fault: Do not admit fault to the police, the other driver, or the insurance company. You may be tempted to apologize after an accident, but this can be used against you later. Even if you think you may be at fault, do not say so. The investigation will determine who was at fault for the accident.
- Call a Personal Injury Attorney: After an accident, you may feel like you can handle the insurance company on your own. However, an experienced personal injury attorney can help you receive your deserved compensation. Remember, dealing with these companies can be quite difficult.
They will investigate the accident, gather evidence, and negotiate with the insurance company. If necessary, they will take your case to court. An experienced personal injury attorney will also be familiar with the laws in your state. The truth of the matter is that our legal experts are aware of which what deadlines need to be met to file an injury claim.
What Actions Do Personal Injury Lawyers Take?
There are many steps that a personal injury lawyer will take to help you receive compensation for your damages:
- Investigating Claims: Your injury lawyer will investigate the accident to build a strong case. This will involve talking to witnesses, reviewing police reports, and examining any available evidence.
- Gathering Evidence: Your Florida lawyer will gather evidence to support your claim. This may include medical records, bills, and photos of the accident scene.
- Calculating Damages: To get a fair settlement, your injury lawyer will calculate all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Insurance companies are usually more likely to deal with an accident attorney than the victim. Your injury lawyer will thus fight for a fair settlement from the insurance company.
- Sending Demand Letters: If the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, your lawyer may send a demand letter. This is a formal request for compensation.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, your lawyer will file a lawsuit. This is the last resort as cases can be time-consuming and expensive, but it may be necessary for you to receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact A Personal Injury Attorney For Assistance Today!
If you have been injured in an accident, you must contact an experienced accident attorney from a top injury law firm in South Florida. At The Law Offices of Scott J. Senft, we will help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. We would be happy to answer any questions you have about your case. Call us at 561-376-8073.