Personal injury accidents are one of the leading causes of severe injuries and fatalities within the United States. In fact, according to the Center for Diseases Control (CDC), in 2019 there were about 36,338 deaths from slip and falls, and 40,231 deaths caused by motor vehicle accidents (MVA’s). The truth of the matter is that we will not sugarcoat things for you, especially all of the harsh realities surrounding personal injury accidents.
The reason for our bluntness is that these are incidents that can change people’s lives at the blink of an eye. These are events that tend to always be unprecedented and unexpected, leaving the affected individual dazed and confused. Furthermore, the aftermath of a personal injury accident ,unfortunately, negatively impacts the person’s life because of the physical, mental, but also financial consequences of it.
However, we are here to tell you that there is a solution to effectively combat these harsh difficulties. By hiring the best personal injury attorney in Florida, you will have the best chance to obtain your rightful compensation.
These are cases that have negligence written all over it and for that, you deserve your corresponding reparations for the damages received. Join us throughout this detailed account so that you can further learn the legal basis of your accident and why it is crucial to hire a lawyer.
Let’s go ahead and review some of the most common personal injury accidents in the country. Especially those that affect the lives of people in the South Florida region.
Car accidents: These are one of the most recurring accidents that have pursued claims within personal injury law. Most of the time, these accidents are created by instances of gross negligence by an at fault individual. Those who are at fault, are often conditioned by actions for reckless driving, speeding, and use of alcohol.
Value of injuries: The value of your compensation will depend on the severity of your injuries and what led the culprit to commit such an offense. The following conditions will contribute the amount of your settlement:
- The seriousness of the impact.
- Prior existing injuries that further affected the health of the victim.
- Age of the victim.
- Quantity and amount of medical bills, as well as the future costs of injury recovery.
- Permanent injuries and long lasting disabilities.
- Length of emotional pain and suffering.
- Inability to have insurance coverage for the damages.
- Loss of wages or income due to inability to work.
Florida Statute of Limitations
Statutes of limitations are implemented in all states within the nation, but in Florida there are specific guidelines. This law is pretty much a legal timeframe when the victim of any personal injury accident decides to file and report a claim to corresponding authorities.
In the State of Florida, the deadline for a victim to file their claim is two years. Specifically, the clock starts ticking the instance that the accident happens. However, for whatever reason, if the victim fails to file the claim within the timeframe, the claim will automatically be invalid.
Slip and fall accidents: Slip and falls are also quite common, and generally lead to mild or severe injuries. Just like car accidents, these events are also triggered by someone else’s failure to act responsibly. However, in slip and falls there is perhaps an even greater chance of liability since these accidents happen in restaurants, public establishments, and private homes.
For that reason, those property owners have a line of duty to uphold. In other words, they are responsible for ensuring the safety of those who are present in their property. Whether a place of business or a private home..
Proving liability: The harsh truth is that just by you claiming that you suffered an accident by someone else’s fault wont be enough to create a convincing argument.Therefore, it is necessary to prove that the owner of the establishment or house knew of any possible hazard and still chose to not fix the dangerous conditions.
Value of a slip and fall accident: According to the CDC, the median value of a slip and fall falls between $30,000 and $40,000. These sums will have to cover the expenses of medical bills for treatment, injury recovery, pain and suffering, and lost income.
You need to seek a legal representative because an attorney will provide you with the necessary expertise to tackle your specific case. These are trained professionals that know their way around all of the possible legal avenues to ensure that your rights are protected. Let’s go ahead and review more detailed advantages of hiring an expert attorney:
- Attorneys know how to negotiate – As mentioned before, these are professionals that always know how to counteract any undermining tactics that seek to invalidate your claims. They are completely immersed and knowledgeable of all of the legal terminology and loopholes to maximise your chances of acquiring the settlement that you are entitled.
- Constructing a proper case – Your attorney will be able to gather all of the necessary evidence and witness statements from the accident so that you have a solid personal injury claim.
- Adding value to your claim – Your attorney will analyze all the aspects of your life that have been affected due to the accident. By doing so, your injuries will have a specific value that will be reflected in your eventual compensation.
- Proper guidance – Personal injury accidents are traumatic events that affect your or your loved ones in a drastic manner. For that reason, a competent attorney will undoubtedly provide you with objective decision making in a time where the emotional damage can impede you to make proper choices. This is a valuable asset because a calculated legal process will lead you to a reasonable settlement.
- Representation in court – If your case ends up in trial, you must hire an attorney if you haven’t done so at that point. It is important to be legally represented in the courtroom by someone who can ensure that your rights are protected. Furthermore, the chances of you getting an acceptable settlement in the courtroom will definitely increase if an attorney is by your side.
We hope that you now understand the importance of seeking the services of a lawyer. For that reason, we present to you the services of Scott J. Senft the Lawyer. Scott is undoubtedly the best personal injury attorney in Florida. This isn’t only true because of his exemplary track record, but also because of his ability to fight for his clients’ rights.
Scott and his team really understand your own pain and suffering; they will not stop until you receive the compensation that you are entitled to. What are you waiting for? With over two locations in South Florida and one in Portland, Oregon, Scott J. Senft is waiting to take your case!