Florida Nursing Home Abuse Attorney

The Florida legislature enacted legislation (Florida Statutes, Chapter 400) that specifically provides for the development, establishment and enforcement of basic standards for the health, care, and treatment of persons in nursing homes and related health care facilities.
BBB Accredited Business
Birdeye Logo
The Florida Bar

Get your Free Consultation From Our Personal Injury Law Firm Today!

Florida law requires persons in nursing receive the necessary care and services.

That will enable them to reach and maintain their highest practicable level of physical, mental and social well-being. In addition, civil rights law mandates equal access in all nursing homes regardless of race, color or national origin. If you have a concern about mistreatment, malpractice or abuse in a nursing home or adult congregate living facility (ACLF) that you feel amounts to criminal abuse of the elderly, you can contact Florida Department of Children and Families (1-800-96-ABUSE — 1-800-962-2873), Agency for Health Care Administration (561-840-0156) the State Long Term Care Ombudsman Council (561-837-5038) or even the local police. The Agency for Health Care Administration also investigates regulatory complaints against nursing homes. All complaints are kept strictly confidential. It’s the law. However, none of these agencies can obtain a monetary award for a resident who has suffered neglect or abuse. Many times a lawsuit must be filed to protect the resident’s rights and to obtain compensation for the physical or mental pain and suffering, personal injury, and/or wrongful death.

Types of nursing home abuse:

  • Falls and fractures
  • Physical or chemical restraints
  • Malnutrition or dehydration
  • Improper, wrong or over medication
  • Bed sores
  • Lack of supervision
  • Physical abuse or unexplained injury
  • Weight gain or loss
  • Theft of money and personal property
  • Unexpected or wrongful death
  • Unsanitary conditions
  • Untrained or insufficient staff
  • Over-sedation or Abandonment
  • Substandard medical care
  • Poor personal hygiene
  • Defective equipment
  • Sexual assault

Our nursing home abuse attorneys can assist you in case of elderly neglect or abuse at a nursing home. As a family member, you can, in a free consultation, share with us your concerns regarding physical abuse or nursing home neglect at nursing facilities.


Send Us A Message

Other Practice Areas

Car accident - $490,000

Client required surgery after a rear-end car accident causing injuries on neck and back.

Slip and fall - $100,000

Client slipped and fell at a supermarket causing her knee, hip and back injuries

Car accident - $250,000

Client was struck by another vehicle on the front left side of his car

Car accident - $85,000

Client hired an attorney who didn’t fight for her and dropped her case

Couple involved in a car accident - $300,000

Our clients’ vehicle was sideswiped on the highway

Car accident - $100,000

Car accident against delivery driver

Rear end car accident - $125,000

Car accident, client was rear ended while he was enjoying his vacations

Motorcycle accident - $250,000

Motorcycle accident due to a distracted driver

Years Established

Available 24 hours per day

Free Consultation:
Call: 561.376.8073

Have you suffered a personal injury in South Florida?

Contact us 24/7 for a free consultation!

Call Our Office:  (954) 505-2183

Scott J. Senft - South Florida's Top Personal Injury Attorney

Was born in Brooklyn, NewYork. He received his Bachelor of Science from University of Florida in 1988 and his Juris Doctorate from Georgia State University College of Law in 1991.

For over 25 years, The Law Offices of Scott J Senft have served South Florida as one of the top personal injury law firms.  If you or a loved one has been involved in any type of accident, do not hesitate to reach out immediately.
What should I do if I was involved in a car accident and I have no way to  come to your law firm's office?
If you have been involved in any type of accident, like a motorcycle accident, where an injury has occurred, please contact us and we will send someone to meet with you immediately.  It does not matter where you live, we will have a personal injury attorney or one of our accident investigators  travel to your location at your earliest convenience.  Do not wait after your car accident, contact one of South Florida's top auto accident lawyers today!

Send Us A Message

Call Now Button