If you have been injured as a result of an aviation accident in Florida, you should know that there are attorneys who specialize in this type of case. In fact, you are entitled to aviation accident compensation for your injuries deriving from the negligence of the airline or airport.
If you can relate to this type of situation and you would like to acquire more information about receiving compensation for your losses, we are here to help. Please follow along to read more about the common causes of aviation accidents alongside what forms of compensation can be obtained from your air accident claim.
What Are Some Causes Of Aviation Accidents?
Some of the most prevalent accidents include:
- Pilot Error: Mistakes committed by the airline pilot is the account for a grand amount of aviation accidents. Pilot error refers to an action or inaction by the pilot that results in a plane to crash or engage in an emergency landing that leads to injuries.
This type of negligence mostly derives from failing to abide by safety protocols. Some causes of pilot mistakes include fatigue, poor training, lack of experience, or intoxication.
- Air Traffic Control Negligence: Pilots rely on controllers to provide them with the information they need to make safe decisions. When this information is incorrect, it can lead to an aviation accident. Often times, this happens because the controller either miscalculates altitude numbers or from simple distraction. This, of course, can be deadly.
- Mechanical Failure: These issues range from s malfunctioning engines or problems with the landing gear. If there is a problem with the aircraft, it can put everyone on board at risk.
- Airport Negligence: An airport could be negligent if it does not follow proper security precautions or does not properly maintain its equipment and facilities.
- Airline Negligence: If you have been injured in an aviation accident, the airline may be liable for negligence on their part. This can include anything from inadequate training to poor maintenance of the plane. So, if you are injured in an aviation accident, contact your attorney right away.
What Are The Types Of Compensation For Aviation Accidents?
There are different types of airline accident compensation that you can receive if you have been injured in an aviation accident. These include:
- Medical Expenses: If you have been injured as a result of the aviation accident, you will likely have medical expenses from your medical care. This can include anything from hospital bills, ambulance costs, medication, and physical therapy. File your airline injury claim right away to receive compensation for your medical bills.
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work as a result of your injuries, you may be able to receive compensation from your loss of income. This will cover the amount of money that you would have earned had you been able to work during the time you are injured.
- Pain and Suffering: An aviation accident is a traumatic experience, and you can receive compensation for both physical pain or mental anguish.
- Wrongful Death: If someone died as a result of the aviation accident, their loved ones can file a wrongful death claim. This can include compensation for funeral expenses, loss of income, and pain and suffering.
Who Is Eligible for Compensation Following An Aviation Accident?
- The material victim: If you are injured as a result of an aviation accident, you have the right to seek compensation.
- The Estate Representative: If an individual dies in the accident their estate representative may be able to file a wrongful death claim.
- Sentimental Partner: This person can also file a claim on the basis of wrongful death if their significant other (legally binded) dies.
- The Next Of Kin: The next of kin may file a claim and receive compensation following an aviation accident.
- The Legal Guardian: For minors, the legal guardian may be able to file airplane passenger claims on their behalf.
If You Are The Victim Of An Aviation Accident In Florida, We Can Help!
At the Law Offices of Scott J. Senft, we have attorneys who specialize in cases involving aviation accidents. We work with our clients to build a strong case and make sure that they are receiving what is rightfully theirs for their injuries. Contact us today at 561-376-8073. Our attorneys will determine if you have a valid claim against an airline or airport so that you can receive the compensation you deserve.